News & Photos
Mark Scott, Managing Director, ABC, 4 September 2012
Mark Scott addressed a private boardroom event for 18 senior business executives where he discussed - “The place of the ABC in contemporary life”. This CEO Boardroom lunch was proudly hosted by Russell Reynolds Associates.
Mark was appointed Managing Director of the Australian Broadcasting Corporation for a five-year term from July 5, 2006, extended from July 2011 for another five years. Under Mark’s leadership, the ABC has dramatically expanded both its services and reach.
On the principle that media organisations must adapt or die in an era of massive technological change, Mark has helped build the ABC’s reputation as Australia’s most trusted and innovative media organisation, with Australia’s most comprehensive range of digital media services:
• Radio, with four national radio networks, 60 local stations and a suite of digital channels;
• Television, with four channels – ABC1, ABC2, the Children’s Channel ABC3 and ABC News24 - plus the groundbreaking catch-up service, iview;
• An expanding ABC Online operation, including The Drum;
• Unrivalled news coverage – covering local, national and international beats;
• And an extensive radio, television and online international service.
Up to 75% of Australians use these services each week.
Proudly hosted by:
||1 of 1 Image(s)