News & Photos
David Callaghan, Director, Business Solutions, PricewaterhouseCoopers, July 28, 2008
David Callaghan addressed a private boardroom lunch for senior procurement executives in Sydney on the challenges and opportunities facing sustainability and procurement. This event was generously partnered by Toga Hospitality.
Environmental performance affects company reputation and has become an important element of corporate social responsibility.
PricewaterhouseCoopers had a goal of becoming carbon neutral by 1 July 2008. To support this strategy, the firm's procurement group aims to integrate sustainability into the supply chain.
David Callaghan, leader of PricewaterhouseCoopers' procurement group, discussed the following:
• The role of environmentally sustainable procurement and supply chain management in delivering corporate strategies and priorities
• The impact of environmentally sustainable procurement on cost
• How 'buying green' fits with the existing procurement process
• Environmental criteria for supplier selection
• How to substantiate environmental claims
• How to set targets/KPIs for suppliers
Proudly partnered by:
||1 of 13 Image(s)