News & Photos
A Business Lunch with Graeme Samuel AC, Former Chairman of ACCC & Prominent Businessman
Graeme Samuel is a Vice Chancellor's Professorial Fellow in the Faculty of Business and Economics at Monash University with specialist expertise in competition and consumer policy and regulation, communications and media, corporate governance, strategic planning and change management, public policy and dealings with government and regulators.
Mr Samuel is currently engaged in the following professional and community activities:
- Co-director of the Monash Business Policy Forum
- Chair of Monash Business School Business Advisory Board
- Member of the Council of the Australian National University
- Member of CEDA’s Council of Economic Policy.
- Chairman of the Victorian Taxi Services Commission.
- National President of Alzheimer's Australia.
- Commissioner of the Australian Rugby League Commission.
- Independent Reviewer to advise the Victorian Government on economic regulation, governance and the efficient operation of the Victorian urban water sector.
His professional career has spanned senior roles in law, investment banking and public service, covering sport, health, the arts, business and public policy in economic reform and regulation.
He was President of the National Competition Council (1997 – 2003), Chairman of the Australian Competition & Consumer Commission (2003 – 2011) and an Associate Member of the Australian Communications and Media Authority (2007 – 2011).
In 1998 Mr Samuel was appointed an Officer of the Order of Australia. In 2010 Mr Samuel was elevated to a Companion in the General Division of the Order of Australia – for eminent service to public administration through contributions in the area of economic reform and competition law, and to the community through leadership roles with sporting and cultural organisations.
Photography by Gainsborough
||1 of 17 Image(s)